Comparing My DNA results to My Dad's

Last time I discussed the comparison of my DNA results from three different testing companies. Now I take a close look at my DNA in comparison to my Dad.

What I did first what to analyze my ancestry based on my genealogical research. Based on the origins of my immigrant ancestors I calculated basic ethnic percentages. I broke this down between my Mom's side of the family and my Dad's. Next I took my Dad's ancestry and broke it down into ethnicities as well.

The fun starts when you compare your genealogical ancestry to your genetic ancestry! I think the results are often unexpected or off the mark. I took a look at both my dna results and my Dad's compared to our genealogy. Lastly I compared my dna and my Dad's dna results side by side. I am definitely his daughter even if I can't fully explain some of the ethnicities listed!

Have you tested your DNA to your parents'? Did it come out as expected or were there some surprises?  Let me know!

Click to view video
Direct link: https://youtu.be/_Dc-XzKGZh8

Comments